You can download the brochure with all the details regarding the training course.
Schedule, Pricing, Booking and Course Details
The next course will be held at IH Cantabria headquartes in Santander (Spain) winter 2016 (date not fixed).
The course will be delivered in English.
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENT: Participants are requested to bring their own laptops and ensure that they are able to boot using a Live USB.
Registration fee (taxes not included):
- Regular: 2500 Euros per attendant.
- Academia: 2250 Euros per attendant.
Registration includes the live USB distribution and printed course materials. Lunches are not included.
It is possible to attend to the IH2VOF course as well. A discounted registration fee is available:
- Regular: 3000 Euros per attendant.
- Academia: 2500 Euros per attendant.
Contents of the four-day course
You can download the full programme here.
- Introduction to coastal engineering processes.
- Introduction to numerical modeling of waves and active wave absorption.
- Start-to-end methodology.
- Advanced mesh generation with OpenFOAM® native tools.
- Applications to 2D and 3D processes:
- Fluid-structure interaction
- Wave generation and active wave absorption
- Mesh deformation and dynamic mesh refinement.
- Wave interaction with porous structures.
- Visualize computed results using ParaView® and tailored postprocessing tools especially designed for coastal engineering applications.
After completing the course you will be able to:
- Set up, simulate and postprocess a large variety of cases.
- Simulate surf zone hydrodynamics processes and wave interaction with coastal structures including three-dimensional random sea states and considering conventional or non conventional coastal structures.
- Analyse functionality and stability of coastal structures: wave reflection and transmission, wave run-up on coastal structures, wave dissipation, overtopping discharge, wave induced forces and moments.
- Apply advanced techniques as mesh movement or mesh refinement.
- Visualize your results using ParaView® and create videos of them.
What you get
- IH-FOAM source code
- A bootable USB-stick to work on your own laptop during the course, at home or in your office
- New three-dimensional wave generation and active wave absorption boundary conditions source code
- Detailed step-by-step tutorials
- Preprocessing tools
- Universal postprocessing tools (Linux/Mac/Windows)
- A set of benchmark cases
Iñigo J. Losada (Full Profesor, IH Cantabria)
Javier L.Lara (Associate Researcher, IH Cantabria)
Maria Maza (PHD Researcher, IH Cantabria)